As it often happens my initial project has changed – and changed significantly. First, I came to a conclusion that one book was not enough (not by a long shot) and decided to write a whole series of book under the same umbrella title – “The Essential Guide to Nazi Germany”.
The first book in the series is, obviously, “The Essential Guide to Adolf Hitler: Everything You Need to Know about Der Führer” – and that’s exactly what I am working on right now (as you have probably already noticed).
However, I decided to expand my project well beyond simply writing and publishing books. I want to create a non-profit organization – Third Reich Study Society (TRSS).
As you can easily guess from its name, the fundamental objective of TRSS is to discover, structure and disseminate the comprehensive knowledge about Nazi Germany and its environment (USSR, Britain, France, etc.). The latter is vitally important as you can never understand a nation without understanding its environment.
Using all available tools – lectures, seminars, workshops, Webinars, books, articles, papers, infographics, presentations, audiobooks, documentary videos, blogs, Facebook pages and groups, Web sites, etc. – and creating new ones, if necessary.
After spending many years studying the Nazi Germany (and the history of the first half of the XX century in general), I came to a firm conclusion that the world does need one more Third Reich research society.
Although the Third Reich has been gone for 74+ years now, millions of people all over the world are still fascinated by it. Sufficiently fascinated to want to know the truth about Nazi Germany – the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
However, there is a serious problem with that – with the “whole truth”, to be more precise. The problem is that the Third Reich was an immensely complex civilization (possibly the most complex in human history). And thus an immensely complex system.
Consequently, to develop a comprehensive picture of the Third Reich (in other words, a genuinely comprehensive and well-structured guide to Nazi Germany and its key components) – and that’s exactly what every Third Reich history buff wants and needs – one must have knowledge, skills and experience in systems analysis and knowledge management.
In addition to, obviously, economics, finance, political science and individual and social psychology. And, of course, criminal profiling – as Nazi Germany was a fundamentally criminal system top to bottom.
Unfortunately for the Third Reich history buffs, no individual historian (or even an organization, for that matter) possesses the required knowledge, skills and experience.
Hence, all books and other resources on Nazi Germany suffer from the proverbial “blind men and the elephant” problem. Thus the most fundamental need of all Third Reich history enthusiasts is still not satisfied. Not by a long shot. Not even close.
The key objective of TRSS is to remedy that unfortunate (and unacceptable) situation. It can do it because I just happen to have all the necessary knowledge and skills – in addition to my lifelong interest in history of Nazi Germany (I’ve been studying it for about half a century). Hence, I am perfectly qualified to start and lead this society.
I acquired these skills in the MBA INSY program at the University of Texas at Arlington (at the time one of the top 50 business schools worldwide), at the corporate finance department of Vienna-based Creditanstalt Investment Bank (at the time the best in Central and Eastern Europe) and in subsequent career as a freelance instructor and consultant in strategic corporate management and systems analysis.
TRSS was in a way inspired by the Platform of European Memory and Conscience (you can find the link yo it on the front page). However, it is different from the Platform in two very important ways. First, the Platform is a rather loose association of organizations (legal entities) and second, it is based in Prague and most of its members are from Eastern Europe.
I see TRSS as a tightly-knit non-profit organization whose members are individuals from all over the world. I also firmly believe that TRSS project will be most valuable to Germany and Germans (as Germany needs a genuinely comprehensive knowledge about its Nazi past much more than any other nation). Hence, TRSS must be headquartered in Germany – in Munich, Berlin or Paderborn.
The fundamental objective of TRSS pretty much defines its first major project – a comprehensive system of The Essential Guides to Nazi Germany.
- The Essential Guide to Adolf Hitler: Everything You Need to Know About Der Führer
- The Essential Guide to the SS: Everything You Need to Know About the Schutzstaffel Empire
- The Essential Guide to the Wehrmacht: Everything You Need to Know About the Nazi Military Machine
- The Essential Guide to the Holocaust: Everything You Need to Know About the Worst Genocide in Human History
- The Red Lucifer: How the Soviet Union Became the Existential Threat to Human Civilization
- The NSDAP Startup: How Adolf Hitler and the Nazis Acquired Absolute Power in Germany
- The Nazi Quantensprung: How Adolf Hitler Reengineered the Weimar Republic and Made Germans Genuinely Happy
- The Essential Guide to the Führerstaat: Everything You Need to Know About the Nazi State
- The Essential Guide to World War II: Everything You Need to Know About the Bloodiest Conflict in Human History
- The Essential Guide to Nazi Occupation: How the Nazis Managed Conquered Territories
- The Essential Guide to the Post-WW2 Years: Everything You Need to Know About the Aftermath of the Second World War
- The Essential Guide to World War I: Everything You Need to Know About the Great War and its Aftermath
- The Third Reich that Wasn’t: Nazi Germany Myths, Legends and Conspiracy Theories
- The Essential Guide to Nazi Leaders: Everything You Need to Know about the Key Figures of the Third Reich
- The Genocide Age: Genocides, Democides and Mass Murders of the XX century
- The Essential Guide to the Weimar Republic: Everything You Need to Know about the First German Democracy
- The Essential Guide to the Wunderwaffen: Everything You Need to Know about the Nazi Wonder Weapons
- The Unsolved Mysteries of the Third Reich and My Attempts to Solve Them
- The Essential Guide to the SA: Everything You Need to Know about the Nazi Brownshirts
- The Essential Guide to Nazi Germany: Everything You Need to Know about the Third Reich
Each of these projects will begin with a book (I believe that ultimately 3-4 months will be sufficient for producing the first draft) and will be followed by all usual components – lectures, seminars, workshops, Webinars, articles, papers, infographics, presentations, audiobooks, documentary videos, blogs, Facebook pages and groups, Web sites, etc. The first draft of the first book is already about half-ready.