So then who really created (gave birth to) the Wewelsburg Castle, when, how and why? As I have already stated, occult shrines (including portals of divine energies) MUST be built as such from the very beginning – you can not convert an existing “spiritually neutral” (let alone spiritually alien) structure into an occult object – you must build one from scratch.
Hence, the structure that ultimately (in the 17th century) became the Wewelsburg Castle as we know it, was initially some kind of fortification built sometime in the 9th century AD to protect the newly conquered territories of the Holy Roman Empire from the Hungarians (the “threat from the East”).
By that time, the area has been already Christianized (the nearby town of Paderborn was founded as a bishopric in 799); however, Christianization (conversion of the locals from German paganism to Catholicism) was forced, ruthless and brutal.
Consequently, it would be realistic to assume that the “original Wewelsburg object” was built by Christians in name only. In other words, by German pagans – and built as a pagan shrine (like all shrines, a portal of divine energies of some kind).
Given the well-established fact that Heinrich Himmler wanted to make Wewelsburg not only a shrine, but a spiritual center of his neo-pagan (quasi)religion – based on German paganism, by the way – this theory makes complete sense.
Divine energy can be nurturing – and destructive; can be used to heal and build – but also to murder and destroy and is often associated with thunder and lightning. Hence, the “original Wewelsburg shrine” was most likely dedicated to the god Thor (Donar) – the hammer-wielding pagan deity associated with lightning, thunder, storms, strength… and the protection of mankind.
This theory also makes complete sense given that Heinrich Himmler was known to wear a “Mjölnir pendant”. Mjölnir is the “hammer of Thor” depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome and powerful weapons in existence, capable of literally leveling mountains.
Like many other defensive structures of that era (the original Wewelsburg – like many pagan shrines – doubled as a fortification), it was eventually destroyed. It did not matter as all building erected in its place would automatically assume its spiritual properties – in other words, will become pagan shrines – and portals of divine energies.
Hence, the next structure constructed on the “Wewelsburg Hill” built by one Earl Friedrich von Arnsberg also became the “divine energy portal” – although it is highly unlikely that any pagan religious ceremonies were ever held there. It certainly helped that the masonry of its predecessor was integrated into the new structure.
In 1123, after the Earl died, the castle was demolished by peasants whom he had (allegedly) oppressed. Happened all the time during the Dark Ages – and even later (in some nations up until early 20th century).
The castle was more or less promptly rebuilt and 1301, another Earl – von Waldeck -sold the “Fortress Wewelsburg” to the then Prince-Bishop of Paderborn. And again, the “old masonry” was integrated into the new building – and the latter became the “divine energy portal”.
From 1301 to 1589, the Prince-Bishops of Paderborn assigned the estate to various liege lords. In its current form, the Wewelsburg was built (rebuilt actually) from 1603 to 1609 as secondary residence for the Prince-Bishops of Paderborn.
The “old masonry” was (again) integrated into the new building – and the latter (again) became the “divine energy portal”. Obviously, the Prince-Bishops were completely unaware of this fact – and even conducted witch trials on the premises of the castle.
To properly function, a pagan shrine (temple) needs one or several priests – and/or priestesses. Actually, every temple does. Consequently, the builders of the Wifilisburg (the original structure), not only built the shrine/fortification, but also created a religious (i.e. occult) organization tightly connected to the structure and tasked with taking care of the “divine energy portal” – and using the latter for spiritual, religious and occult/magical/supernatural purposes.
If we assume that the divine energy transmitted by this portal is the one that a millennium later would be called Vril (which is entirely possible although no direct evidence exists), this organization can be called the Vril Society.
However, there is another possible name for this organization. As a product of Himmler’s remodeling which began in earnest in 1938, a mysterious symbol appeared on the white marble floor of the room (Obergruppenführersaal – “SS General’s Hall”) directly above the crypt (the most spiritually powerful element) of the North Tower of the Wewelsburg Tower.
Although the symbol is commonly known as Die Schwarze Sonne (The Black Sun), it is actually dark greenish in color. It consists of 12 radially overlaid symbols similar (but not identical) to Sig (“Victory”) runes (a “double Sig” was the official logo of the SS).
Nobody knows where this symbol came from, who created it and what was its’ significance for the SS and its Reichsfuhrer Heinrich Himmler. And the Obergruppenführersaal in the North Tower of the Wewelsburg Castle is the only place not only in Germany, but in the entire world where the Black Sun symbol can be found.
Hence it would be reasonable to assume that Heinrich Himmler was introduced to this symbol (and convinced of its significance) by the High Priests (or simply the priests) of the Wewelsburg shrine. And that the Black Sun is the symbol of their organization – the symbol that possesses enormous powers… but only within not just the walls of the Wewelsburg castle, but its North Tower only.
Which makes a lot of sense as quite a few historians (including Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke – the #1 expert on Nazi occultism) traced the origins of the Black Sun to decorative Merovingian disks (Zierscheibe) – a kind of metal jewelry thought to have been worn as pendants attached to the tunica, or as part of a belt pouch.
The Merovingian dynasty was the ruling family of the Franks from the middle of the 5th century until 751 (about a century prior to the erection of the initial pagan shrine/fortification on the “Wewelsburg Hill”).
Hence this “Wewelsburg Society of Priests” could also be referred to as “the Black Sun Society”.