In 1919, Adolf Hitler’s life radically changed twice. For the first time, when he underwent a radical transfiguration sometime during the summer and for the second time on September 12th when he attended the meeting of then-unknown German Workers’ Party (Deutsche Arbeiterpartei – DAP).
He became a radically different human being – Adolf Hitler that we know. Hence it makes sense to identify what he really wanted as of the second half of September of 1919 (because these desires became the driving force for all his subsequent decisions and actions).
Fortunately, it is not difficult at all to identify these fundamental desires of Adolf Hitler (which immediately became his fundamental goals):
- Adolf Hitler deeply, sincerely and passionately loved Germany and Germans. Hence, he wanted all “his people” (Germans by blood) to be genuinely happy. He was well aware that to make an individual genuinely happy, one must satisfy his or her authentic (and limited) needs, not perceived (and unlimited) wants and desires. Being a genuine mystic, Hitler believed that he knew what “his people” really needed. And was determined to give ’it’ to them – using all means necessary.
- Adolf Hitler sincerely believed that a German by blood can be completely and genuinely happy only in a German state (the ‘German Reich’). Consequently, he wanted to unite all German into one country and state. Ein Volk – Ein Reich. The Third Reich that he wanted to last at least a thousand years. Obviously, returning all lands taken from Germany at gunpoint during the armed robbery at Versailles
- For Adolf Hitler, happiness was impossible without might (political, economic, military, etc.) and honor. Consequently, he wanted to do away with all humiliating restrictions imposed by the Treaty of Versailles, put an end to crippling reparations mandated by the abovementioned treaty. And, of course, exact the proper revenge on “Versailles’ criminals” outside Germany and on traitors (“November criminals”) inside
- To make his fellow Germans genuinely happy, Adolf Hitler wanted to structure the German Reich in the most efficient way. Making sure it satisfies genuine needs of all of its citizens. In other words, he wanted to transform the Weimar Republic (which in his opinion could not make Germans genuinely happy) into a genuinely happy country – the Third Reich.
- Being a quintessential “Army man”, he sincerely believed that the Germans could only be genuinely happy in a military-style totalitarian Führerstaat. Hence that’s exactly the kind of German state that he wanted to build
- As he sincerely believed in the reality of the existential ‘race war’ between the ‘’Aryan race and the ‘inferior races’ which Germany was forced to fight he wanted to win this war. And to make sure this war never happens again
- To make sure this war never happens again, Adolf Hitler wanted to make Germany the most powerful nation in the world. By far. Actually, the dominant political, economic and military superpower in Europe and in the whole world – the leader and the master of human civilization.
- To make Germany the most powerful nation in the world, Adolf Hitler wanted to (a) radically strengthen Germany and (b) radically weaken its enemies and rivals. The most dangerous rivals (internal and external) he wanted to be neutralized and possibly even exterminated (at least in part)
- To make sure that the horrors of the Blockade of Germany (especially the Great Hunger of 1917-19) never happen again, Adolf Hitler wanted to make Germany self-sufficient in food and all key natural resources. By acquiring sufficient Lebensraum (“living space”) in the East – mostly in Poland, Bohemia, Moravia and Russia
- As a true national-sociopath, Adolf Hitler wanted all other nations to become servants or slaves of the Third Reich (explicitly or implicitly)
- All nations except the “Jewish race” which he wanted to eliminate completely from German Lebensraum. Making it completely Judenrein (“clean of Jews”)
- To win the existential war and to make Germans genuinely happy, Adolf Hitler wanted to transform German people into a nation of Übermenschen – genuine “superhuman beings”
- To achieve the abovementioned objectives, Adolf Hitler wanted to (a) become the undisputed Führer of DAP; (b) make it the most powerful political party in Germany; (c) use this party to obtain political power in Germany – the absolute majority of seats in the Reichstag and the position of Reich Chancellor