Believe me, you will find out that the answers to these questions are not nearly as simple as you might think.
- Which side were the Nazis on? God or Devil? And why?
- Which side were the Allies on? I mean, Britain, the USA and, the most importantly, the Soviet Union? And Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt and Truman personally?
- Why did the omnipotent God allow the Nazis to come to power? Help them establish their dictatorship? Rebuild the economic and military might of Germany? Score truly miraculous military victories? Occupy huge territories in the West and in the East?
- Why didn’t God allow the Nazi Germany to win the war? In the fall of 1941, Hitler was literally days away from winning the war on the Eastern front and the whole war in Europe. But he let the practically inevitable victory to slip through his fingers, his blitzkrieg to be transformed into a war of attrition on two fronts which he was bound to lose – and ultimately lost.
- Why did God allow Nazis to exterminate six million Jews? Six million of His chosen people have been shot or gassed – a mass murder of truly monstrous proportions that could have been easily prevented. But God did not save His chosen people. Why?
- Why did God allow Nazis to exterminate many millions of Russians and other Soviet people? Exactly how many, we still do not know, but at least 20 million Soviet combatants died on the WW2 battlefields in Europe and at least six million civilians (making it the ‘second Holocaust’).
- Why did the Catholic Church essentially support the Nazis during the war? And why didn’t it stop the Holocaust? In 1941, the Church essentially put an end to a very similar mass murder – the so-called Aktion T4 (murder of mentally ill patients). True, the Church helped save thousands (if not tens and even hundreds of thousands) of Jews but by keeping silent it allowed the Nazis and their allies to slaughter millions. Why?